Ai.M K1 Biological Filter Media Small 1cm - 200gm
Maturing the K1 bio-media is important because a delicate eco-system is naturally developing for the bacteria involved in the nitrification process.
- Provide the best possible habitat for both young and mature beneficial bacterial colonies
- Provides the maximum active surface area for the bacteria to colonise, more than other types of static media
- Removes harmful ammonia and nitrite from the water
- Great for freshwater and saltwater
- Size: Small (1cm)
- Package (200gm) takes up about 1.25L space or 22cm x 19cm x 3cm when laid flat
How its different than other media:
As the Bio Media moves within the filter, it causes the old dead bacteria on the outside to be displaced. This makes space for new younger heavier feeding bacteria to rapidly colonise. Within the wheel is a protected surface which enables colonies of bacteria to naturally follow their lifecycle, of maturing, dying and then fueling the latter stages of the nitrification cycle. Kaldnes Media has been designed to provide the best possible habitat for both young and mature beneficial bacterial colonies.
What is meant by self cleaning:
Unlike foam, matting, or other forms of static filtration media, the Bio Media is designed to move freely within your filter. The constant chaotic movement of the air from your pump, causes the media to self clean and thus requires no maintenance. This allows the filter to reach optimum effectiveness without the disturbance of periodic cleaning, avoiding unnecessary loss of bacteria within the filter.
|Filter Media Specs|
|Directions||<ul> <li>K1 media - 1kg will handle up to 5gm of food per day</li> <li>K2 media - 1kg will handle up to 6gm of food per day</li> <li>K3 media - 1kg will handle up to 4.5gm of food per day</li> </ul>|
|Size||<ul> <li>200gm</li> </ul>|